Phil Rose’s ‘Espresso’ coffee maker is a wall-mounted model that features retro cues and an illusory levitating design. Phil Rose is an Australian designer who cites sci-fi films and animation as inspiration for his retro-futuristic creations.
I love how the ‘Espresso’ coffee maker doubles as a quirky sculpture. Check out some other sweet coffee makers in the related articles below.
Implications - Today's adventurous consumer seeks new experiences in their day-to-day life, creating a market for quirky products that still serve a daily function. This levitating Phil Rose coffee maker is a perfect example, with obvious elements of both fun and function. Essentially, this fun-seeking attitude signifies an urge for grown-up play that can only be satisfied by toy-like gadgets.
‘Espresso' by Phil Rose Inspires Retro Nostalgia
1. Quirky Product Design - The market for quirky products that serve a daily function is growing, creating opportunities for innovative and playful designs.
2. Retro-futuristic Aesthetics - Retro-futuristic designs inspired by sci-fi films and animation are gaining popularity and presenting opportunities for nostalgic yet innovative products.
3. Multi-functional Home Appliances - Consumers are looking for home appliances that serve multiple purposes, creating a demand for products like the levitating coffee maker that double as quirky sculptures.
1. Home Appliances - The home appliance industry can capitalize on the growing demand for multi-functional and visually appealing products like the levitating coffee maker.
2. Kitchenware - Kitchenware designers and manufacturers can explore new possibilities in combining aesthetics, functionality, and playfulness in their products, inspired by retro-futuristic designs.
3. Consumer Electronics - Consumer electronics companies can take inspiration from the levitating coffee maker's quirky and unique design to create innovative gadgets that appeal to the fun-seeking attitude of consumers.