Many of the personal electric transportation solutions on or coming to the market are built with urban environments in mind, but the E-Racer Rugged aims to take things in a decidedly off-road-ready direction.
The prototype electric motorcycle was show off at the EICMA Motorcycle Show and is built from a Zero FXS to make it suitable for immediate production with the first crop of units set to hit the market by Spring 2020. The bike features a Z-Force motor with 46 horsepower that's powered by a 7.2kWh battery pack that work together to hit a top speed of 85mph with a 100 mile range.
The E-Racer Rugged motorcycle features 360-degree LED lighting, a lightweight aluminum frame, carbon fiber bodywork throughout and much more. The conversion kit is priced starting at $6,640.
The E-Racer Rugged was Shown Off at the EICMA Motorcycle Show
1. Off-road Electric Motorcycles - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop rugged electric motorcycles to cater to off-road enthusiasts and expand the market for electric transportation in non-urban areas.
2. Immediate Production Electric Motorcycles - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create conversion kits or build electric motorcycles from existing models to bring electric transportation solutions to the market faster.
3. Lightweight Electric Motorcycle Components - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop lightweight materials such as aluminum and carbon fiber for electric motorcycle frames and bodywork to improve performance and range.
1. Electric Vehicles - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate electric motorcycles into the existing electric vehicle industry to provide more options for consumers seeking eco-friendly transportation.
2. Motorcycle Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with motorcycle manufacturers to create conversion kits or jointly develop electric motorcycles to meet the growing demand for sustainable transportation.
3. Outdoor Recreation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Partner with companies in the outdoor recreation industry to promote and offer off-road electric motorcycles as eco-friendly alternatives for adventure seekers.