Mercedes-Benz has recently unveiled its electric EQS concept car. The company will use this car's design for its future line of electric cars. The car attempts to further Mercedes-Benz's goal of being C02 neutral. Notably, the car interior is made from artificial leather, and fabrics created using recycled PET bottles. The EQS concept car features Level three autonomous capabilities, which allows for a completely self-driving experience, however, a driver still needs to be present.
The Mercedes-Benz concept car can produce 470 BHP using its electric engine. The car is able to accelerate to 60 MPH in approximately 4.5 seconds. The EQS has a range of 400 miles and can be charged to 80% capacity within 20 minutes.
Image Credit: Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz Revealed the EQS Concept Car with Level 3 Autonomy
1. Electric Concept Cars - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop advanced charging infrastructure and fast-charging technologies to support the widespread adoption of electric concept cars.
2. Autonomous Driving - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop Level 4 or Level 5 autonomous capabilities to enable fully self-driving experiences, eliminating the need for a human driver.
3. Sustainable Materials - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create eco-friendly materials, like artificial leather and fabrics made from recycled PET bottles, to promote sustainability in the automotive industry.
1. Automotive - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Invest in research and development to create cutting-edge electric vehicles and autonomous driving systems for the automotive industry.
2. Energy - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop advanced charging infrastructure and renewable energy solutions to support the growing demand for electric vehicles in the energy industry.
3. Textile and Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore sustainable manufacturing processes and innovative materials for the textile and fashion industry, catering to the growing demand for eco-friendly products.