Watching an advertisement about a bus probably doesn't sound too appealing, but amazingly, Midttrafik's over-the-top Epic Bus commercial from 2012 went absolutely viral on YouTube. Now, as a follow-up to its dramatic ad years later, the bus company is showing what kind of people are riding its vehicles. The Epic Passenger is a fairly ordinary guy, who's painted as an extraordinary individual—he wears windbreakers and shoes bought from an outlet mall, but he has a following and incredibly luck in his daily life.
The comical ad is a great way for Midttrafik to celebrate its customers and stir up some excitement about something as ordinary as riding the bus. While its buses may be exactly what you'd expect for travel, its advertisements definitely amp its offerings up to the next level of awesome.
Following the Epic Bus Commercial, Midttrafik Profiles the Epic Passenger
1. Viral Advertising - There is immense potential in creating over-the-top and captivating ads that have the potential to go viral.
2. Celebrating Customers - Companies can use humorous ads to show appreciation for their customers and generate excitement about their offerings.
3. Extraordinary Everyday - Highlighting the extraordinary aspects of everyday life in advertising can make ordinary products/services more appealing and interesting.
1. Transportation - The transportation industry can leverage viral advertising to create buzz around their services, attracting more customers.
2. Marketing and Advertising - The marketing and advertising industry can explore the use of humor to celebrate customers and create memorable campaigns.
3. Retail - Retail industries can use humorous advertisements to elevate ordinary products and generate more interest from consumers.