Joan is a newly formed creative agency based in New York City and the practice's empowering identity is developed by local Creative Director Juan Carlos Pagan with the help of Designer Jens Marklund.
Joan is founded by Lisa Clunie and Jamie Robinson. The brand proves to enjoy a minimalist aesthetic with strong accents that communicate its deeply meaningful symbolism. Juan Carlos Pagan and Jens Marklund sought historic inspiration when designing the logotype, tapping into the heroine of France — Joan of Arc. The kernel of the empowering identity of Clunie and Robinson's creative agency relies on the form and texture of the historic figure's sword.
The well-designed branding project seeks to communicate "ambition, curiosity, imagination, work ethic and [...] badass-ness" to the potential clients of the firm.
Juan Carlos Pagan & Jens Marklund's Collab Defines Joan
1. Empowering Visual Identities - Disruptive innovation opportunities include developing visual branding strategies that communicate meaning and inspire clients.
2. Minimalist Aesthetic - Disruptive innovation opportunities lie in creating minimalist branding solutions that convey strong messaging and symbolism.
3. Historic Inspiration in Design - Exploring historic figures and their symbols can lead to disruptive innovation in visual identity design, connecting past and present.
1. Creative Agencies - Opportunities for disruptive innovation include using visual identities that empower and resonate with clients in the competitive creative agency industry.
2. Branding and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunities arise in developing minimalist yet impactful visual branding strategies that stand out in a crowded design industry.
3. Marketing and Advertising - The use of historic inspiration in visual identity design presents disruptive innovation opportunities for creating memorable and meaningful marketing campaigns.