This electric vehicle concept was designed with a vision of reducing traffic congestion in China. From Chris Bangles Associates, the REDS prototype is part of the REDSPACE project. The experimental car is supposed to be "a customizable personal space on wheels."
The electric vehicle concept has a boxy frame and was developed with the notion that it would only be in use 10% of the time. The other 90% is spent idling, which opens up opportunities for different ways to spend your time. The REDS prototype offers a "fourth space" to Chinese citizens beyond the home, work or social places. Swiveling seats and a wraparound bench offer more comfort when the car isn't in motion. The dashboard doubles as an entertainment center. The car can even give you a foot massage.
Leisurely EV Prototypes
More Stats +/-
Future Festival & Malcolm Gladwell - Early Bird Deadline
Efficient Pickup Truck Concepts
Battery-Free Electric Vehicles
E-Bike Delivery Vehicles
Record-Setting Electric Sports Cars
Free 2018 Report & eBook
Get the top 100 trends happening right NOW -- plus a FREE copy of our award-winning book.
Our Research Methodology
This article is one of 350,000 experiments. We use crowd filtering, big data and AI to identify insights.