Many holiday desserts are filled with dairy and animal products making it difficult for vegans, paleos and vegetarians to enjoy, but this eggnog cake recipe by lifestyle blog Paleo OMG offers a natural, healthy and sustainable festive dessert that those with dietary restrictions can enjoy. The recipe features popular traditional flavors such as gingerbread, cinnamon and vanilla made with gluten-free flours, nut milk and locally sourced eggs.
This gingerbread cake features a base made from almond, coconut and tapioca flour, free run eggs, rich molasses and spices. The eggnog icing can also be made using nut milk or grass-fed milk along with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Consumers with dietary restrictions often gravitate to homemade desserts around the holiday season, as a way to ensure that the products used inside adhere to their lifestyle choices.
This Gingerbread Torte is Made with Gluten-Free Ingredients
1. Vegan Desserts - The trend towards vegan desserts provides an opportunity for businesses to create innovative and delicious plant-based alternatives to traditional holiday treats.
2. Gluten-free Ingredients - The growing demand for gluten-free ingredients presents an opportunity for businesses to develop new recipes and products that cater to individuals with dietary restrictions.
3. Locally Sourced Food - The emphasis on using locally sourced ingredients in recipes can inspire businesses to collaborate with local farmers and suppliers, creating a more sustainable and community-centric approach to food production.
1. Health Food Industry - The health food industry can capitalize on the trend towards vegan desserts by developing and promoting innovative plant-based products that cater to individuals with dietary restrictions.
2. Gluten-free Product Industry - The gluten-free product industry has an opportunity to innovate and expand its product offerings to meet the growing demand for gluten-free ingredients in desserts and other food products.
3. Local Food Industry - The local food industry can leverage the emphasis on using locally sourced ingredients to foster collaborations with farmers and suppliers, promoting sustainable and community-driven food production.