While many kinds of raw cookie dough products should not be eaten as recipes with egg can carry salmonella, Lush Cosmetics' Cookie Dough is edible lip scrub. As part of its summer collection, Lush is introducing the Cookie Dough Lip Scrub as a product that smells as sweet as it is to use on the lips.
The nourishing lip polish is packed with fresh ingredients like hazelnut oil, vanilla, granulated sugar and fine sea salt—many of which can also be found as ingredients in classic cookie recipes. After the Cookie Dough Lip Scrub has been used to refresh the lips and condition them with softening jojoba oil and shea butter, Lush notes that users may safely "lick off the excess."
Lush Cosmetics' Edible Lip Scrub Tastes Like a Classic Treat
1. Edible Lip Products - Opportunity for creating new edible lip products that offer both beauty and flavor.
2. Food-inspired Beauty - Opportunity to develop beauty products inspired by popular food items like cookies.
3. Nourishing Ingredients - Opportunity to create lip scrubs and beauty products using nourishing ingredients like hazelnut oil and shea butter.
1. Cosmetics - Cosmetic companies can explore innovative lip scrub formulations that are both effective and edible.
2. Food & Beverage - Food and beverage companies can collaborate with beauty brands to create food-inspired beauty products.
3. Skincare - Skincare brands can incorporate nourishing ingredients like hazelnut oil and shea butter into their lip care products.