These eco lamps have an interesting Kickstarter campaign that invites supporters to back the lights in order to make it the world's first 100% sustainable lamp. With the slogan, "The more you back FRED the greener he gets," the designers successfully anthropomorphize the lamp and encourage people to support eco-friendly design.
'FRED' has a visually interesting structure, with a corrugated design that originally used MDF and recycled components. The next step with funding, is to make FRED with ECOR -- a material created from pressing cellulose fibers of wood, paper and grasses together. With even more funding, the halogens will be replaced and eventually, he will develop into a 100% recycled line of eco lamps.
'FRED' Aims to Be the World's First 100% Sustainable Lamp
1. Sustainable Lighting - There is a growing trend towards sustainable lighting solutions that use recycled materials and renewable energy sources.
2. Crowdfunding for Eco-friendly Design - Crowdfunding platforms are being used to support the development of eco-friendly designs, allowing consumers to directly contribute to sustainable initiatives.
3. Material Innovation - Innovators are exploring new materials, such as ECOR made from cellulose fibers, to create environmentally friendly products with improved performance and aesthetics.
1. Lighting - The lighting industry can capitalize on the trend towards sustainable lighting by developing innovative products that use recycled materials and energy-efficient technologies.
2. Crowdfunding - The crowdfunding industry can benefit from the increasing demand for eco-friendly designs by providing a platform for individuals and businesses to support sustainable initiatives.
3. Materials Manufacturing - The materials manufacturing industry has an opportunity to disrupt the market by creating sustainable materials like ECOR that can be used in a wide range of products, from furniture to packaging.