There is something utterly eerie about this eccentric album artwork that has a twisted 70s thriller feel to it—it looks like a hybrid between Birds by Alfred Hitchcock and some alien abduction movie with graphics that seem to have stayed in the 80s. But that is exactly the point.
Designed by photographer and artist Todd Baxter, this spooky collection of eccentric album artwork for upcoming album titled ‘They Want My Soul’ by the band ‘Spoon’ is being releasing in August. Baxter wanted to make sure that the artwork felt and looked like film stills from a 70s psychological thriller. And he was able to get it just right.
“We planned the images to coincide with a possible music video that would be in the style of a trailer for the movie,” says Baxter.
This Eccentric Album Artwork Has a Twisted Thriller Feel to It
1. Eccentric Album Artwork - Businesses in the music industry can explore the opportunity of incorporating eccentric album artwork in their album releases as a way to catch the attention of audiences and create a unique brand image.
2. 70s Psychological Thriller Style - The film and television industry can explore the opportunity of creating content that evokes the eerie and suspenseful vibe of 70s psychological thrillers to cater to audiences who crave for a nostalgic and cinematic experience.
3. Hybrid Graphic Style - Design companies can explore the opportunity of combining different graphic styles and elements (e.g., 80s graphics, movie stills, etc.) to create unique and visually compelling designs that can attract and engage customers.
1. Music - The music industry can leverage quirky and eerie album artwork as a way to stand out in a crowded and competitive market and appeal to fans of unconventional and unique music.
2. Film and Television - The film and television industry can create films and series with a retro and psychological thriller vibe to cater to audiences who seek suspenseful and thought-provoking content.
3. Design - Design companies that specialize in creating unique and eye-catching designs can explore the opportunity of offering their services to businesses that want to create visually-compelling marketing materials such as album covers, movie posters, and billboards.