DVF and HP may seem like an unlikely duo, but these two names have one big thing in common: they are at the top of their respective industries. To stay on the cutting edge, both DVF and HP partnered up during New York Fashion Week 2010 in order to show that fashion and technology are no longer separate, but on the contrary, are highly integrated.
Guests were invited to the DVF Lounge to sip on refreshing mojitos while interacting with the many HP gizmos that filled the fashionable room. Attendees entertained themselves by flicking through some of DVF’s famed looks using touchscreen panels mounted on walls and by printing out pages of their favorite DVF looks using high quality HP printers.
Another highlight of the DVF and HP collaboration was the live Twitter and Facebook streams that updated instantaneously on another HP touchscreen panel. The Twitter feed certainly lit up as soon as the live streaming of the DVF SS11 collection flickered onto the giant screen at the back of the lounge.
Needless to say, it is events like this DVF and HP partnership that prove that fashion-forward thinkers are not adverse to new technology—whether it be touchscreen retail, virtual makeovers or the latest in social media. We can only imagine what DVF and HP will do for next year’s New York Fashion Week!
DVF and HP Pair Up for a Hi-Tech New York Fashion Week 2010
1. Touchscreen Retail - The integration of fashion with technology through interactive touchscreen panels and livestreams at events offers an opportunity for brands to showcase their products in a fresh and innovative way.
2. Virtual Try-ons - Incorporating virtual makeovers and try-on technology adds an element of interactivity and personalization for consumers, and could lead to increased engagement and sales.
3. Social Media Integration - Real-time social media marketing at events, such as live streams and Twitter feeds, helps to create a buzz and generate excitement around a brand or product.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can utilize technology to enhance the in-store and event experience for consumers and create a competitive edge.
2. Technology - Advancements in touchscreen and virtual reality technology provide opportunities for innovation and collaboration with other industries, such as fashion and retail.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Using social media and digital platforms for real-time marketing and advertising can increase brand awareness and engagement, particularly at events with high visibility and attendance.