Dutch furniture designer Pepe Heykoop recycles remnant leather scraps and old furniture into provocative new pieces. His new collection of dining chairs, tables, vanities, and office furniture is fittingly named the Skin Collection.
The Skin Collection features custom-fit patchworks of flexible leather scraps in muted and neutral colors-light grey, beige, cream, and black. Every distinctive item from Pepe Heykoop skin collection is made of recycled waste materials leftover from leather furniture companies scraps stretched over new frames. Each item of furniture is exceptionally constructed from random shapes, patterns, and sizes similar to cellular structures. The leather patches are then stitched together to create a one of a kind appearance.
Pepe Heykoop's Skin Collection process is both innovative and unique.
Pepe Heykoop Creates the Skin Collection to Enhance Your Interior Space
1. Upcycling Furniture - Designing furniture by using scrap materials can lead to more sustainable and cost-effective production.
2. Custom-fit Designs - Creating bespoke or personalized designs in furniture can be an attractive marketing strategy for businesses.
3. Muted & Neutral Colors - Neutral colors can be used in furniture to create a timeless aesthetic.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Adopting upcycling practices and custom-fit designs can benefit furniture manufacturers in terms of sustainability and product differentiation
2. Interior Design - Neutral colored furniture pieces can enhance a space's visual appeal without being out of place with the existing look and feel of the space.
3. Environmental Businesses - Using recycled materials can be an advantage for environmental businesses to promote their sustainability ethos.