Jamie Munro, the Editor and Client Relations Manager at Trend Hunter, sits down to discuss dubstep violin songs as one of her favorite viral videos. The music video, which remixes the XX's Crystalized, features violinist Lindsey Stirling as she dances and saunters around playing her instrument among an icy paradise. Aside from explaining why this enchanting trend is so intriguing, Jamie also gives viewers a glimpse of what it is like working in the Trend Hunter office, as well as articulating her understanding of cool.
What is your favorite trend and why?
My favorite trend is called dancvertising and to demonstrate this I will be showing you Dubstep Violin Songs, which is a musical video featuring Lindsey Stirling who already has a lot of other viral videos. This video is a very cool remix of the XX Crystalized. She takes the violin and dances to all of the songs that she is playing on it. This is a really cool video because I like how she is in an arctic setting, which actually takes place somewhere in Colorado. She wanders around in this icy wilderness playing the violin. I like that she took a regular song and was able to infuse so much of it with her own personality and her own passion just by the way she dances while playing the instrument.
How do you define cool?
I define cool as something that I haven't seen before, something that is different, something that makes me think.
What are your tips for writing a juicy post?
My tip is not to be too picky. I think that a lot of people see a trend or a different product or idea and will just brush it off like its nothing, but you really need to sit there and think about what makes it different and what makes it innovative, which people will respond to.
What is a prominent trend you see happening right now?
One of the trends that is happening right now and that is catching on is virtual shopping. Different brands are going into subway stations and putting QR codes on pictures of food, which people can scan and have food delivered right to their houses. This is making on-the-go living that much more possible. In twenty years this is going to be the reality of the world. It's not going to be a trend anymore, it will be completely normal.
What do you enjoy most about working at Trend Hunter?
My favorite thing about working at Trend Hunter is the people. I love coming to work and seeing everyone's faces. Everyone is my coworker but they are also my friends too. That might sound cliche but I love hanging out with these people on a Friday night. They are people that I would actually be friends with outside of work. I am also able to present any idea I have and be able to make it a reality, which is pretty cool.
Viral Dubstep Violin Songs
1. Dancvertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the integration of music and dance in advertising campaigns to create captivating and unique experiences for consumers.
2. Virtual Shopping - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative QR code-based shopping experiences that allow people to easily purchase products and have them delivered, simplifying on-the-go living.
3. Creative Remixes - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the artistic potential of remixing songs in unique ways, combining different genres and instruments to create captivating and original musical experiences.
1. Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilize dancvertising techniques to create memorable and engaging advertising campaigns that resonate with consumers.
2. E-commerce - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embrace virtual shopping technologies and QR codes to revolutionize the online shopping experience and streamline delivery logistics.
3. Music and Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Encourage artists and musicians to explore creative remixing techniques to reinvent familiar songs and bring fresh experiences to listeners.