Knowing people craved novel entertainment experiences during quarantine, Häagen-Dazs & Secret Cinema teamed up to create a virtual cinema club called Secret Sofa—and the pair are teaming up again, this time to create a drive-in cinema. Nostalgic drive-in cinemas are being revived at a time when people are eager to get out of the house and enjoy the summer in a safe way that observes social distancing.
The Drive-In will be sharing a variety of family favorite flicks like Moana, Toy Story, Star Wars, as well as films for older audiences like Reservoir Dogs, Fight Club and American Psycho. Guests will be able to have refreshments delivered directly to their car window—including ice cream tubs to sweeten the screenings.
Secret Cinema & Häagen-Dazs are Hosting 'The Drive-In' This Summer
1. Revived Drive-in Cinemas - The revival of drive-in cinemas presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the entertainment industry by providing a nostalgic and socially distanced movie-watching experience.
2. Virtual Cinema Experiences - Creating virtual cinema clubs, like Secret Sofa, offers a disruptive innovation opportunity for the entertainment industry to engage audiences and provide unique at-home viewing experiences during quarantine.
3. Contactless Food Delivery - With refreshments being delivered directly to car windows, the contactless food delivery trend presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the food and beverage industry to cater to drive-in cinema experiences.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can capitalize on the revival of drive-in cinemas, offering unique and socially distanced movie-watching experiences.
2. Virtual Events - The virtual cinema experience trend opens up new opportunities for the entertainment industry to create innovative virtual events and engage audiences remotely.
3. Food and Beverage - The contactless food delivery trend presents opportunities for the food and beverage industry to adapt their services for the drive-in cinema market, offering convenient and safe refreshments.