Over the last few years, consumers have become heavily interested in probiotics and fermented foods for digestive health, which has been linked to the overall state of one's whole-body health—as such, digestive bitters are emerging as a new product for the maintenance of good gut health.
While digestive bitters have been used for many years, a new wave of products are emerging in light of consumers' interest in gut health, as well as a general open-mindedness to better-for-you drinks. Bitter Love's new sparkling digestive bitters are being introduced in 12-ounce cans and flavors like Bitter Orange, Pineapple, Cranberry Lime, Tart Cherry and Grapefruit. These functional beverages are packed with functional ingredients such as adaptogenic ashwagandha, dandelion root, anti-inflammatory turmeric and ginger.
Bitter Love's Canned Sparkling Drinks Contain Functional Ingredients
1. Digestive Bitters - Rising demand for digestive health products has led to the emergence of digestive bitters as a new functional drink product.
2. Probiotic Beverages - Growing interest in probiotics has influenced the popularity of bitters and other functional beverages.
3. Adaptogenic Ingredients - Bitters and other functional drinks are incorporating adaptogenic ingredients such as ashwagandha, creating opportunities for ingredient suppliers and product innovators.
1. Beverage - The beverage industry has an opportunity to develop new functional and probiotic drinks to meet growing consumer demand for digestive health products.
2. Functional Food - The functional food industry could explore incorporating digestive bitters and other functional ingredients into food products.
3. Health and Wellness - The health and wellness industry can market digestive bitters and other gut health products as part of a holistic approach to overall wellness.