In the current media environment, the relatively young streaming services are currently showing the legacy broadcast and cable television providers a thing or two about appealing to consumers' desired viewing habits, but Dreams.tv is a new app that can change that. Dreams, which is available across the US for both iOS and Android devices, offers a variety of cable TV channels for mobile streaming. The kicker: Dreams is completely free.
Dreams launched this week, and it currently offers ten channels that were built in collaboration with media partners like Discovery, Bloomberg Media Distribution, and BBC Studios. Some of the channels on the platform include Animal Planet, Bloomberg, Discovery Network, HGTV, Food Network, VHS, Slow, and others.
'Dreams.tv' Offers Popular Cable Channels on Mobile Devices
1. Mobile TV Streaming - The trend of free mobile TV apps like Dreams.tv allows users to access cable TV channels on their mobile devices.
2. Collaboration with Media Partners - Collaborations with media partners such as Discovery and BBC Studios open up opportunities for more diverse content on mobile TV apps.
3. Rise of Free Streaming Services - The rise of free streaming services like Dreams.tv disrupts the traditional business models of legacy broadcast and cable television providers.
1. Media Streaming - Mobile TV streaming offers disruptive innovation opportunities for media streaming platforms to expand their user base.
2. Mobile App Development - The trend of free mobile TV apps creates opportunities for mobile app developers to create innovative and user-friendly platforms for streaming cable TV channels.
3. Broadcast and Cable Television - The rise of free streaming services presents disruptive innovation opportunities for broadcast and cable television providers to adapt their business models and compete in the changing media landscape.