For those who want to ensure chocolate treats are always on hand, the new Hershey's Donut Bites are the perfect solution. Made of mouthwatering Hershey's chocolate and stored frozen, the bite-sized donuts can be enjoyed anytime.
Hershey's Donut Bites are a brand-new treat that was recently spotted in the freezer aisle at the northeaster grocery chain Giant Food. The chocolaty treat is a new version of General Mills' Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bites, which debuted last year. Like the cereal-flavored version, the mini donuts are also sold frozen and need to be microwaved before eating. In terms of taste, instead of sweet cinnamon sugar, the new Donut Bites are stuffed with a creamy chocolate filling.
Unfortunately for consumers, Hershey's Donut Bites have yet to be rolled out nation-wide, making them an exclusive snack for the lucky shoppers who spot them.
Image Credit: Junk Banter.
Hershey's Donut Bites Puts a Chocolaty Twist on Breakfast Pastries
1. Frozen Chocolate Donuts - The rise of bite-sized frozen donuts with unique flavors could disrupt the frozen breakfast pastry market.
2. Microwaveable Snacks - More and more snack manufacturers are introducing microwaveable bite-sized snacks, creating opportunities for companies to develop unique and convenient microwavable snacks.
3. Individually Wrapped Snacks - Growing demand for individually wrapped snacks due to changing consumer habits creates opportunities to introduce more unique flavors and textures in a small, convenient format.
1. Frozen Food - Innovative frozen food manufacturers could capitalize on the growing trend of unique frozen snacks with the introduction of new flavors and product formats.
2. Convenience Store - Microwaveable donuts and other individually wrapped snacks could be a disruptive innovation opportunity for convenience stores aiming to capture the on-the-go snacking market.
3. Non-grocery Food Retail - The introduction of unique and convenient microwavable snacks with interesting flavors lends itself to non-grocery food retailers like coffee shops and fast food chains to attract customers looking for something different.