After collecting sizing information from its online customer database, the Levi's-owned clothing brand Dockers sent 600 of its customers a set of its popular Dockers Alpha Khakis, which were packaged in what looked like whiskey bottles.
The Dockers Alpha Khakis whiskey bottle sets are limited edition -- only 50 crates have been made. As for the marrying of whiskey and pants, it comes down to the types of finishes in the Alpha Khakis collection. According to PSFK, the whiskey bottle packaging was inspired by three types of khaki finishes: scraped, dirty and destroyed. In addition, the whiskey bottle as a theme for packaging allowed the company to emphasize the masculinity behind the brand's 'Wear the Pants' campaign.
The Limited Edition Dockers Alpha Khakis Whiskey Packaging
1. Personalized Packaging - There is an opportunity for brands to create unique and personalized packaging experiences that resonate with their customers.
2. Limited Edition Collections - Creating limited edition collections can drive exclusivity and excitement among consumers, leading to increased brand loyalty and sales.
3. Cross-industry Collaboration - Collaborating with different industries, such as fashion and alcohol, can create innovative and unexpected product offerings to attract new customers.
1. Clothing & Apparel - The clothing and apparel industry can explore creative packaging solutions to enhance the customer experience and differentiate their products in the market.
2. Beverage - The beverage industry can partner with fashion brands to create unique packaging designs that appeal to consumers and generate excitement around their products.
3. Marketing & Advertising - The marketing and advertising industry can develop campaigns that leverage cross-industry collaborations to create buzz and promote new and innovative product offerings.