Not many people keep copies of physical photos laying around anymore, but if you're going to, it's worth making their storage extra special with a DIY photo box craft. Embroidery is typically something that goes well with fabrics, but it's not the first thing that comes to mind when you think of wood.
In order to create this craft, what you'll need is a wooden box to use as a base, a drill or dremel, an embroidery needle, yarn and a pencil to map out the pattern you'll be sewing into the box. For this particular example, the box for baby photos is decorated with a message that reads "You are my sunshine," and includes yarn that's been woven in and out of the wooden box in the shape of a sun.
This DIY Photo Box Craft Combines Wood with Sewing
1. DIY Embroidered Photo Storage - Opportunities to disrupt the traditional photo storage industry with unique DIY crafts that incorporate embroidery into wooden boxes.
2. Personalized DIY Crafts - The rise of personalized DIY crafts as a trend, leading to opportunities for businesses to offer DIY crafting kits and workshops.
3. Resurgence of Analog Photography - With the resurgence of analog photography, there is an opportunity to create innovative crafts that cater to the demand for physical photo storage.
1. Photography - The photography industry can tap into the trend of personalized DIY crafts to offer unique photo storage solutions to consumers.
2. Crafts and Hobbies - There is potential for the crafts and hobbies industry to incorporate embroidery and woodworking into new and inventive DIY craft kits.
3. Home Goods - Opportunities to disrupt the traditional storage industry and provide consumers with personalized DIY decor options for their homes.