Dixit Algorizmi is a new multimedia exhibition located at the Centre for Contemporary Art Tashkent in Uzbekistan. The show is curated by Joseph Grima and explores the work of the ninth-century Uzbek mathematician Muhammad ibn Musa al-Khwārizmī. Known as the father of algorithms, al-Khwārizmī has a significant impact on today's artistic, cultural, and scientific advances, which are unpacked throughout the installation.
The exhibition posits a revisionist thesis to uncover a fresh perspective on the source of the innovations that have led human civilization to its current advancements. Visitors can attend the installation until November 15th and enjoy various physical and digital events to support its theme. Dixit Algorizmi includes works from musicians, filmographers, architects, designers, theorists, and visual artists.
Image Credit: Dixit Algorizmi
Dixit Algorizmi Explores Muhammad ibn Musa's Mathematic Work
1. Mathematic History Exhibitions - Exhibitions showcasing historical mathematical figures and their work can provide insights that inspire innovation in mathematics.
2. Multimedia Installations - Combining physical and digital elements can create engaging experiences that captivate visitors and encourage them to think about topics in new ways.
3. Cross-industry Collaborations - Bringing together professionals from different industries, such as musicians, designers, architects, and scientists, can lead to unique perspectives and innovations.
1. Museums and Galleries - Museums and galleries can create exhibitions that showcase historical figures and their work to inspire visitors and promote innovation in related fields.
2. Event Management - Event management companies can create immersive experiences by combining physical and digital elements that align with a specific topic, theme, or historical figure.
3. Education - Educators can use historical figures and their work to inspire innovation and interest in mathematics, science, and related fields.