You may have been scolded for playing with your food, but the new book 'Diversions' celebrates the beautiful possibilities that may manifest themselves from some creative meal time arrangements.
Shot by Bohman+Sjöstrand, the book is an elegant collection of Japanese cuisine that will make your stomach growl and your eyes dance. Diversions looks at food from a new angle; transforming lobster tails and sushi into items that look like they belong in an art museum. Pieces of nigiri are garnished with petals and green foliage while one image features pieces of sushi scattered amongst egg shells and rice hidden beneath blooming flowers.
If you consider yourself a foodie, Diversions will satisfy your appetite while creating an even greater appreciation for what you eat.
'Diversions' Transforms Plates of Food Into Beautiful Artwork
1. Photography - Opportunity to explore new perspectives and creative arrangements in food photography.
2. Food Art - Creating visually stunning food arrangements blurs the line between cuisine and artistic expression.
3. Culinary Aesthetics - Experimenting with presentation aesthetics offers an opportunity for chefs and restaurants to create unique dining experiences.
1. Publishing - Publishing curated coffee table books featuring visually stunning food photography can attract food enthusiasts and art lovers alike.
2. Hospitality - Restaurants can elevate their dining experiences by focusing on the visual presentation of their dishes, appealing to customers looking for unique culinary experiences.
3. Art Galleries - Showcasing food photography as art in galleries offers a new form of aesthetic appreciation and expands the boundaries of art exhibitions.