The award-winning Disa Group Headquarters by Picazo Arquitectos is the brainchild of Jorge Picazo and Juan Antonio Brito.
Boasting 21 storeys, the construction was designed to be the new headquarters of Disa Group. It includes facilities such as underground parking, a plaza and spanning office spaces. The design was imagined with the modern pedestrian in mind. Architects describe the building as a tower that is composed of a "reinforced concrete core and perimeter circular columns that allow for open flexible office floor plates."
This makes for a facade that resembles stacked makeshift plates with modernistic balconies that allow visitors a privileged view of the city's landscape. With floor plates set at different orientations, the structures provides a modernistic update to the leaning tower concept.
Disa Group Headquarters by Picazo Arquitectos is Award-Winning
1. Flexible Office Floor Plates - Architects Imagined a Tower Composed of Reinforced Concrete Core and Perimeter Circular Columns, Opening Opportunities for More Adaptive Workspaces.
2. Modernistic Balconies - The Use of Balconies as Building Facade Resembling Stacked Makeshift Plates Offers Disruptive Innovation Opportunities in Building Design for Aesthetic and Functional Purposes.
3. Different Orientations of Floor Plates - The Design Concept Provides New Opportunities for Vertical and Horizontal Expansion as well as a Novel Approach to Aesthetics and Functionality of High-Rise Buildings.
1. Architecture and Design - The Use of Stacked Structures Creates Opportunities in Designing Aesthetic and Functional Buildings, Allowing for More Adaptive Workspaces and Better Integration of Natural and Built Environments.
2. Real Estate and Construction - The Design Concept Opens New Opportunities for Innovative Construction and Development Projects, Allowing for Increased Efficiency and Functionality, as well as Aesthetic and Environmental Adaptation.
3. Property Management and Facilities Services - The Design Offers New Opportunities for Efficient and Adaptable Building Management and Services, Encouraging Better Integration of Technology and Sustainable Solutions for Future-proof Facilities Management.