In the fall of 2015, Cinemark is set to open a 50,000 square foot digital theater at the Southland shopping center in Michigan's Southern Wayne County that will boast a set of 12 screens, a forward-thinking cinema design and most impressively of all, an enormous XD auditorium.
Set for an opening around the time holiday blockbusters are being released, the theater promises that the XD auditorium will "truly revolutionize the movie-going experience for consumers." This oversized screen format will introduce a wall-to-wall, ceiling-to-ceiling screen, set alongside a custom JBL sound system to make the most of images in 2D and Real3D screenings.
To make sure the viewing experience at this digital theater is as comfortable for movie-goers as possible, this new Cinemark location will be equipped with leather lounge seats that fully recline.
Cinemark’s 50,000 NextGen Theater Will Host a Huge XD Auditorium
1. Floor-to-ceiling Screens - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop immersive media experiences that utilize floor-to-ceiling screens to enhance the movie-going experience.
2. Nextgen Theater Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create innovative and forward-thinking theater designs that incorporate cutting-edge technologies to attract and engage audiences.
3. Custom JBL Sound System - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design and manufacture high-quality sound systems that provide an immersive audio experience for large-scale theater environments.
1. Digital Theater - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop advanced digital theaters that incorporate state-of-the-art technologies to improve the movie-viewing experience.
2. Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new entertainment concepts that combine technology and experiential elements to create unique and engaging experiences for consumers.
3. Furniture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design and manufacture innovative and comfortable seating solutions for theaters that enhance the comfort and enjoyment of movie-goers.