With the rise of Web3, NFTs and the metaverse, digital-only clothing and other kinds of virtual wearables are becoming increasingly common. And beyond being able to secure them exclusively online, the next generation of fashion consumers can now also visit physical retail spaces like this digital-only clothing retail pop-up shop in New York’s SoHo neighborhood by augmented reality fashion platform ZERO10 and Harry Nuriev’s Crosby Studio.
This first-of-its-kind augmented reality retail pop-up space is a phygital destination where visitors have the chance to “try on” digital clothing designed by Crosby Studios in a brick-and-mortar shop. The five-piece digital-only clothing collection was made possible with ZERO10’s AR clothing technology and the styles serve up a new way for people to play in the metaverse and purchase virtual fashion.
ZERO10 + Crosby Studios Set Up a Shop with Digital-Only Clothing
1. Digital-only Fashion - Opportunity for fashion companies to invest in the creation and sale of virtual clothing and wearables.
2. AR Retail Experiences - Innovation opportunity for retailers to integrate augmented reality into their physical stores, enhancing the consumer experience.
3. Metaverse Fashion - The rise of Web3 and NFTs presents an opportunity for fashion brands to create unique virtual fashion items for use in the metaverse.
1. Fashion - Opportunity for fashion brands to expand their offerings into the virtual space, and create new revenue streams through the sale of digital clothing and wearables.
2. Retail - Innovation opportunity for retailers to integrate augmented reality and other digital technologies into physical store experiences to attract and engage tech-savvy consumers.
3. Technology - Opportunity for tech companies to develop AR and other digital tools to create unique and immersive experiences in retail spaces, and facilitate the creation and sale of digital-only fashion items.