For the car lover in the family, this BBQ Vette will be sure to please. It is made of heavy 14-gauge steel construction, a custom fiberglass cover that looks like a Chevrolet Corvette, polished aluminum, and diamond plate accents. It is available in two versions: charcoal for $1,795 and propane for $2,195.
Implications - Through the rise of metrosexual males rises a breed of hyper-masculine men looking to salvage the retro perception of what it takes to be a "real man." Companies can easily serve this demographic of average joes with products like this Fiberglass BBQ corvette, which serves all interests of the stereotypical male. This provides a greater commentary on gender roles today.
Fiberglass BBQ Corvette
1. Hyper-masculine Leisure - Capitalizing on the trend of men seeking out stereotypically masculine hobbies and products, companies can create leisure items that cater to this demographic.
2. Car-inspired Consumer Goods - The combination of two traditionally male interests (cars and grilling) in the Fiberglass BBQ Corvette illustrates an opportunity for creating car-inspired consumer products for niche audiences.
3. Retro Nostalgia - The Fiberglass BBQ Corvette is an example of how to tap into boomer nostalgia by replicating the design of classic cars and bringing it into the realm of BBQ and outdoor leisure.
1. Outdoor Cooking - Companies in the outdoor cooking industry could explore ways of incorporating car-inspired designs into their products to create a new niche market.
2. Automotive Accessories - Automotive accessory companies could potentially expand their product offerings to include items like the Fiberglass Corvette BBQ Grill to appeal to car enthusiasts who appreciate unique and quirky versions of car-inspired goods.
3. Masculine Consumer Goods - Companies in the masculine consumer goods industry should look at how they can tap into the trend of hyper-masculine leisure by developing products like the Fiberglass BBQ corvette to appeal to this demographic.