Quick rental services like Airbnb have enabled travelers to gain access to remote, off-the-grid lodging with more ease than before, making whimsical overnight retreats like the Deplar Farm a more common reality.
Hidden in the mountains of Iceland’s Troll Peninsula, this magical sheep farm has been transformed into a one-of-a-kind luxury cottage. Renovated entirely with locally sourced materials, this breathtaking farm that comes equipped with a gorgeous green roof offers travelers incomparable views of the surrounding mountainside, lake and rivers through floor-to-wall glass paneling. In addition to the natural beauty of the resort, guests are invited to witness the Northern Lights from the comfort of a geothermal infinity pool.
This relaxing spa retreat also offers more adventurous guests the opportunity to take part in the hotel's expertly-run activities, like heli-skiing or salmon fishing.
Deplar Farm is Hidden Away in Iceland's Troll Peninsula
1. Remote Lodging - There is a growing trend of travelers seeking unique and remote accommodations, creating opportunities for businesses to provide off-the-grid lodging experiences.
2. Luxury Retreats - The demand for luxury retreats that offer unique and upscale experiences is increasing, presenting opportunities for businesses to create high-end lodging options in remote locations.
3. Eco-tourism - Eco-conscious travelers are seeking lodging options that are sustainable and sourced from local materials, opening up opportunities for businesses to provide eco-friendly retreats.
1. Hospitality - The growing trend of remote lodging and luxury retreats presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the hospitality industry to create unique, off-the-grid accommodations.
2. Tourism - The rise in demand for remote and eco-friendly lodging experiences creates opportunities for the tourism industry to offer specialized travel packages and experiences in secluded destinations.
3. Construction - The increasing demand for lodging experiences that use locally sourced and sustainable materials presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the construction industry to develop eco-friendly and luxury retreats.