Mapo-gu, Seoul Korea is now home to an innovative denim store design and a new flagship location from denim brand LAB101. The store sets itself apart as an unstaffed 24-hour store, which is a format that's currently being adopted by some convenience stores and food chains but is virtually unheard of within the fashion industry.
The theme of the entire space revolves around the "revival of denim," shiny metallic interior finishes and a bold blue hue that is carried throughout fixtures and design details. Unlike many fashion shops that draw in consumers with large windows and mannequin displays, LAB101 boasts an austere exterior that offers little indication of what's within. NiiiZ design LAB, which was responsible for the denim store design, notes: "LAB101 does not display products in an open space like the other usual stores do."
Image Credit: Snap by Taq.c
The LAB101 Denim Store Design Explores a New Format for Fashion Retail
1. Unstaffed Retail - The LAB101 Denim Store pioneers the concept of an unstaffed 24-hour store, disrupting the traditional fashion retail model.
2. Convenience Store Fashion - The adoption of the unstaffed format from convenience stores and food chains is being extended to the fashion industry by LAB101.
3. Minimalistic Storefronts - The austere exterior of LAB101 challenges the norm by offering little indication of the products and experience inside.
1. Fashion Retail - The LAB101 Denim Store's unstaffed and minimalistic approach opens up opportunities for disruptive innovation in the fashion retail industry.
2. Convenience Stores - The concept of unstaffed retail, pioneered by convenience stores, can be further expanded to enhance convenience store experiences.
3. Store Design - LAB101's denim store design showcases innovative possibilities for creating unique and immersive retail experiences.