Jaguar Land Rover recently teamed up with digital retail company Rockar for the creation of a unique dealership shop in Westfield Stratford City, a shopping center located in Stratford, London.
Unlike many dealerships of the past that have put pressure on car shoppers to make on-the-spot decisions, this one is designed to leave consumers feeling comfortable and confident when making informed purchasing decisions. In-store, consumers are able to seek the advice of 'Angels,' or staff members (who have zero sales targets), and book a 'Youdrive' test drive service.
Most of all, consumers are meant to be able to take control of their decisions through a new online purchasing system. In this way, Jaguar Land Rover creates a "no-pressure approach" that actually aims to have the majority of consumers leave the store and make purchases online in their own time.
Jaguar Land Rover and Rockar Launched a Unique Retail Environment
1. Experiential Dealership Shops - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating dealership shops that prioritize customer comfort and confidence in making informed purchasing decisions.
2. No-pressure Approach - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing online purchasing systems that allow customers to take control of their decisions and make purchases at their convenience.
3. Sales Target-free Staff - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Employing staff members with zero sales targets to provide unbiased advice and guidance to customers.
1. Automotive - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Transforming the traditional car dealership experience to tailor to the changing needs and expectations of customers.
2. Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating innovative digital technologies into retail environments to enhance customer experiences and drive online sales.
3. E-commerce - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Streamlining online purchasing processes to create a seamless and convenient shopping experience for consumers.