GOOD.is and Column Five Media have collaborated once again on an entertaining and informative illustrated graph, outlining the 'Deadliest Disease Outbreaks in History.' The morbid chart explains the details of each ruthless epidemic, ranging from the Spanish flu to smallpox outbreaks -- the number one killer, "in terms of estimated death toll," explains the infographic, with over 300 million victims. While most of these ill wipeouts took place over a hundred years ago, the chart also has an "Honorable Mentions" category that describes more modern malignant viruses.
The 'Deadliest Disease Outbreaks in History' infographic is a quick way to get up to speed on historical health issues, with interesting tidbits to impress your friends. Check out this great graph, before it's too late!
The Infectious 'Deadliest Disease Outbreaks in History' Chart
1. Historical Disease Outbreaks - Identifying and understanding the deadliest disease outbreaks in history can inform current pandemic preparedness and prevention strategies.
2. Infographics for Education - Creating visually engaging infographics can be an effective way to educate and raise awareness about important health topics.
3. Modern Malignant Viruses - Studying and tracking modern malignant viruses can help identify potential future disease outbreaks and develop targeted preventive measures.
1. Public Health - The public health sector can utilize the knowledge of historical disease outbreaks to improve disease prevention, control, and response strategies.
2. Education - The education industry can incorporate engaging and informative infographics into their curriculum to enhance students' understanding of historical and current health issues.
3. Biotechnology - The biotechnology industry can leverage insights from studying modern malignant viruses to develop innovative and targeted treatments and vaccines.