Dr. Daryl Sherman came up with the innovative idea to craft an intricate sock that aids in athletic performance, as well as injury healing. With Swedish hockey player Erik Karlsson, Daryl Sherman's sock company 'Stable 26' has skyrocketed and proved to be a very helpful and brilliant innovation.
Questions to Dr. Daryl Sherman and Erik Karlsson
1. Dr. Sherman, what motivated you to develop Stable 26?
Sherman: I was diagnosed with an issue in my foot when I was nine years old and ever since then I've had sort of an interest in feet. My first job at fourteen was fitting ski boots, skates and runner shoes which lead me to be a sports chiropractor. I always incorporated feet into my general practice. It's always been important to me, I've always been a foot guy.
2. How would say Stable 26 is going to be a leader in innovation?
Karlsson: We try to redesign what socks are all about. Socks to us just aren't these things you put on and wear and you're finished. We're trying to define socks as the point of interaction of how our feet move in our footwear. Our innovation is to redefine socks completely.
3. What types of things would you say to get your teammates on board with Stable 26?
Karlsson: If I like the sock then I'm wearing it and that's probably the main pitch that I would tell all the guys. If I like the product then I'm going to support it. It's not going to make anyone score 31 goals. Anything that's good is easy to promote, it's even easier to promote yourself. High quality always sells it and these socks are safe and comfortable all at the same time.
4. How important has Stable 26 socks been in the improvement of your rehabilitation?
Karlsson: Because I had that big injury the socks are always going to be a big part or my equipment. If I didn't like it I wouldn't wear it and just the comfort level has made my day easier. Stable 26 has made everything so much easier for me, just more comfort in my skates and that helps me perform better on the ice.
5. Is there anything else you'd like to say about Stable 26?
Sherman: I just wanted to let you know we just launched a new website stable26.com featuring Mr. Karlsson. You're also going to see us launching into Canadian and American retail as well as expanding over the next few months with some very large retailers. Then expanding to take over the world in the next few years.
Dr. Daryl Sherman and Athlete Erik Karlsson Take on the Sock World
1. Performance-enhancing Socks - Innovative socks that aid in athletic performance and injury healing offer disruptive innovation opportunities in the sports apparel industry.
2. Footwear Innovation - Redesigning socks as a point of interaction for feet and footwear presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the sports footwear industry.
3. Comfort and Performance - Socks that provide comfort and enhance performance offer disruptive innovation opportunities in the sports equipment industry.
1. Sports Apparel - The sports apparel industry can tap into disruptive innovation opportunities by creating and marketing performance-enhancing socks.
2. Sports Footwear - The sports footwear industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by integrating socks as a key element in footwear design.
3. Sports Equipment - The sports equipment industry can seize disruptive innovation opportunities by developing socks that prioritize both comfort and performance.