For Father's Day, Budweiser has launched the 'Dad Card,' a pre-paid credit card that only costs $5, yet comes with enough money to buy beer for the year.
In addition to $430 worth of Budweiser, the Dad Card grants dads a physical pass to being unabashedly dad-like, whether that means mowing the lawn in a pair of not-so-trendy chunky sneakers, or proudly sharing their favorite dad jokes.
Those interested in picking up a Dad Card ahead of Father's Day can sign up on June 18th starting at 12pm EST. Only a limited number will be offered, and fans looking to sign up must be the legal drinking age in the US. The cards can be used anywhere that Budweiser is sold.
Image Credit: Provided
Budweiser is Introducing the 'Dad Card' to Celebrate Dads
1. Pre-paid Gift Cards - The use of pre-paid cards for gifting is disrupting the traditional gift giving market.
2. Brand-specific Payment Cards - Brand-specific payment cards are disrupting the traditional form of cash or credit payments.
3. Limited Edition Cards - Offering limited edition versions of payment cards is a trend that is disrupting the traditional banking sector.
1. Alcohol Industry - More alcohol brands could adopt the use of pre-paid gift cards to promote their products and gain more customers.
2. Retail Industry - The use of brand-specific pre-paid credit cards can provide retailers with an opportunity to increase brand loyalty and attract more customers.
3. Financial Services Industry - Financial service providers can take advantage of the popularity of limited edition payment cards to differentiate their services and offer more innovative options.