If you're on a mission to cut out calories, the FoodTweeks app is a handy one that will help you as well as other. With the app, users get access to a number of tweaks to popular food items that will help to cut down on calorie consumption. For example, the app suggests swapping your regular Big Mag order for a McDouble.
Each time you make a note of a "Tweek," the app rewards you by making a donation to a local food bank that is representative of the calories that you cut out from your meal or snack. The donated amount can be doubled by sharing your Tweeks with friends on social media. As well as being a great way to learn about healthier options on the go, the app is almost like a game that challenges you to do more for the purposes of social good.
FoodTweeks' App Helps You Cut Out Calories and Feed the Hungry
1. Donation-based Dieting Apps - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing more apps that intertwine personal health goals with social good initiatives to appeal to a larger market
2. Calorie-cutting Tweaks App - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilizing AI and machine learning to personalize tweak recommendations based on individual health and nutrition data
3. Gamified Health Tracking Apps - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating apps that add competitive and social elements to dieting goals to increase user engagement and retention
1. Food and Beverage - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Partnering with donation-based dieting apps to promote healthier menu options and donate to local food banks
2. Charity and Nonprofit - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborating with donation-based dieting apps to resource for local food banks and increase community involvement
3. Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing AI and machine learning algorithms to personalize healthy food substitutions and tweak recommendations in dieting apps