Japanese label Nissin is the creator of the iconic Cup Noodles and it recently unveiled the limited edition Cup Noodle headphones. The new piece is made in collaboration with HyperX, which is a product developer specializing in high-performance goods.
The formal name for the collaborative technology is the 'HyperX Cup MIX-In. In place of the headphone pads are a set of oversized ear cups that are shaped like the noodle cup. The microphone is then replaced with a 'Micrphork' which is shaped like a fork to follow the same theme. Nissin states in a press release that "the headphones cancel out all Cup Noodle slurping sounds while still delivering crystal-clear sound quality… the patent-pending Noodlette™ ear pads woven together with noodle fibers deliver the silky soft caress of ramen noodles for your ears…”
Nissin Launches the Limited Cup Noodle Headphones with HyperX
1. Branded Collaborations - More companies can partner with product developers to create unique and memorable branded merchandise.
2. Food-inspired Accessories - There is potential for more food-inspired accessories, such as headphones shaped like food items, to cater to novelty-seeking consumers.
3. Novelty Headphones - There is a market for unique and creative headphones that offer both quality sound and a memorable design.
1. Consumer Electronics - Consumer electronics companies can explore collaborations with non-traditional partners like food brands to create unique products.
2. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage brands can consider expanding their merchandise offerings beyond traditional food products to create fun and innovative accessories.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising companies can help brands create unique and memorable marketing campaigns through branded collaborations with other industries.