Dutch artist Sander Reijgers has combined Nike jackets with Arafat scarf designs in a project entitled, 'The Cultural Contrasts of Symbolism.'
The distinctive Arab woven check, like that worn by Yasser Arafat, is fused with the Nike jacket designs to emphasize the juxtaposition of the two disparate cultures. Their politics, financial structures and religious underpinning all tie to 'The Cultural Contrasts of Symbolism' jacket designs, which are modeled by gay men.
Implications - **Write imp, not extension
This use of homosexuality by Sander Reijgers is truly fantastic and definitely significant in modern society. The Cultural Contrasts of Symbolism is sure to be a welcomed favourite for many fashion conscious individuals.
Sander Reijgers' 'Cultural Contrasts of Symbolism' Mixes Metaphors
1. Cultural Contrasts of Symbolism - The fusion of cultural symbols in fashion creates opportunities for unique and thought-provoking designs.
2. Juxtaposition of Disparate Cultures - Highlighting the differences between cultures through fashion opens doors for exploring social and political commentary.
3. Inclusive Fashion Representation - Using gay men as models for the jacket designs promotes inclusivity and diversity in the fashion industry.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can capitalize on the trend of combining cultural symbols to create innovative and meaningful apparel.
2. Art - Artists can draw inspiration from the juxtaposition of disparate cultures and create thought-provoking pieces that challenge societal norms.
3. Social Commentary - The use of fashion to express social and political commentary presents opportunities for artists, designers, and activists to spark conversations and promote change.