You know what are great? Phone lines that help. You know what are better? Commercials for phone lines that are obsolete because they were ridiculous. The Crying Number commercial is probably the best thing ever.
The premise is that you call the number for $2 a minute to hear a story that will make you cry. Dynamite. Now the truly best part about the Crying Number is the actual accompanying video. Everyone from young mullet haired men, to a man in an office, to a middle age woman, are all crying. Because they are paying $2 a minute to do so.
Watching the Crying Number Ad is a Bad Way to Feel Good
1. Retro Ad Nostalgia - Opportunity to tap into consumer's nostalgia for retro ads and utilize them for current marketing campaigns.
2. Humorous Advertising - Opportunity to create humorous and unconventional ads that stand out in a crowded advertising landscape.
3. Emotional Advertising - Opportunity to create emotionally impactful ads that connect with consumers on a deeper level.
1. Advertising - Opportunity for advertising agencies to incorporate retro ads into current marketing campaigns.
2. Video Production - Opportunity for video production companies to create humorous and emotional ads that grab attention.
3. Cultural Apparel and Accessories - Opportunity for companies in the cultural apparel and accessories industry to create merchandise that features retro ad designs.