The world of recycling always seems like it would be so utilitarian--that is, until you find people like Andy Gregg, whose sleek Bike Furniture Design (or BFD) takes using old bike parts that would otherwise be trash to transform them into treasure.
Since 1990, Michigan-based Gregg has offered his stylish furniture designs for sale. They include tables, chairs, barstools and loungers. "These designs use train and automobile windows for tabletops, and surplus automotive seat-belt webbing for seating upholstery," Gregg says of his work on his website.
Bike Furniture Design
1. Upcycled Furniture - Using recycled materials to create unique and stylish furniture designs.
2. Sustainable Design - Creating eco-friendly furniture by repurposing discarded bicycle parts.
3. Circular Economy - Embracing a closed-loop system by transforming waste into valuable products.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Opportunity for furniture manufacturers to incorporate upcycled materials into their product lines.
2. Sustainability Consulting - Consulting services for businesses seeking to adopt sustainable design principles.
3. Waste Management - Opportunity for waste management companies to partner with furniture designers to repurpose discarded materials.