This convenient phone charger is a multi-port box you can rent for free for half an hour, or just $1.99 a day. AnkerBox turns phone charging into a service that will likely be more appealing than lugging your charger with you everywhere you go, or a USB battery pack. Instead of always being on the lookout for a free outlet or remembering to charge your external battery, AnkerBox has a new and affordable solution.
Similar to a bike-sharing scheme, the convenient phone charger and accompanying app are essentially high capacity (6700 mAh) battery packs for rent. Their PowerIQ tech also boosts your phone faster, so a 30 minute session should be more than sufficient to fully recharge your device.
The service will be launching their pilot program in April 2016 in Seattle.
The AnkerBox is an Inexpensive and Convenient Phone Charger Service
1. Phone Charger Rentals - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Provide affordable and convenient phone charger rental services in busy urban areas.
2. Portable Battery Packs - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop high-capacity battery packs for rent that incorporate fast-charging technology for smartphones.
3. On-demand Charging Services - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a platform that connects smartphone users to charging stations available for rent on an on-demand basis.
1. Shared Mobility - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Expand the concept of sharing economy to phone charger rentals, creating a new category of shared mobility.
2. Mobile Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate fast-charging technology into portable battery packs to enhance the efficiency of mobile devices.
3. Electric Vehicle Charging - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leverage existing electric vehicle charging infrastructure to provide on-demand charging services for smartphones.