Although contract furniture is not intended for residential use, Sitia is introducing The Human Work as a new concept that delivers all the function and technical requirements of commercial furniture with the comfort of a residential setting. The new concept is set to be presented at Salone Internazionale del Mobile 2019 in the form of two collections, Felicity and Pergy.
Felicity offers seats for one, two and three with low platforms, built-in side tables and tall backs for added privacy. As such, these contract furniture pieces have the potential to help divide large, open spaces that lack flexible partitions or walls. Pergy sets itself apart with sofas, an armchair and a pouf, all of which have cozy curving shapes that would sit well in public lounges.
Sitia's 'The Human Work' Brings Residential Comfort to Public Spaces
1. Residential-inspired Contract Furniture - Sitia's 'The Human Work' brings the comfort of residential furniture to commercial spaces, creating a new trend in the contract furniture industry.
2. Flexible Dividers for Open Spaces - The Felicity collection by Sitia offers contract furniture with built-in side tables and tall backs that can help divide large open spaces without needing traditional walls or partitions.
3. Cozy Curves in Public Lounges - Pergy, a collection by Sitia, introduces contract furniture with cozy curving shapes, providing a disruptive innovation opportunity for public lounge settings.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - The trend of residential-inspired contract furniture presents an opportunity for furniture manufacturers to cater to both residential and commercial markets.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can embrace the trend of flexible dividers for open spaces to create versatile and functional commercial environments.
3. Hospitality - The cozy curves of the Pergy collection offer a disruptive approach for hospitality businesses to create comfortable and inviting public lounge areas.