Los Angeles-based studio Pijuan Design Workshop specializes in dog-focused architectural products and for 2018, Alejandro and Sara Pijuan are launching a collection of contemporary dog houses and size-appropriate furniture pieces.
The collection boasts seven distinct models that vary in detailing, but share the value of a stylistic mid-century approach. From canine-friendly abodes with translucent clear stories and succulent gardens to somewhat art deco-esque wooden pet furniture, the Pijuan Design Workshop boasts contemporary dog houses and lifestyle home pieces that will not only accommodate the canine companion, but will also delight the dog lover. The majority of the pieces also boast usable surfaces or magazine racks for the owner's benefit. The designs aims to divert from the repetitive structures of pet-oriented homes, as well as create a comfortable environment that will suit any dog, despite shape, size or breed.
Design Studio PDW Offers a Mid-Century Approach to Dog Abodes
1. Contemporary Dog Houses - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the pet furniture industry by offering modern and stylish designs.
2. Mid-century Design - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the home decor industry by incorporating mid-century aesthetics into pet furniture and accessories.
3. Canine-friendly Abodes - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the pet housing industry by creating dog houses with unique features like translucent clear stories and succulent gardens.
1. Architecture and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity for architects and designers to create contemporary and stylish dog houses.
2. Furniture - Disruptive innovation opportunity for furniture companies to expand into the pet furniture market with mid-century inspired designs.
3. Pet Products - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the pet product industry by offering innovative and stylish solutions for dog housing and lifestyle products.