The Swiss creative studio, Compactlab specializes in sound and visual design. Their ‘Compactdecks’ table by artist and designer Oliver Rubli includes three vinyl record turntables and a two-way speaker system.
If you want to play old vinyl on the new deck, be prepared to pay. The Geneva company has limited the edition to ten, presumably very expensive units.
In addition to the Compactdecks and other product design, Compactlab creates photography and film projects, environmental designs, multi-sensorial and interactive environments.
'Compactdecks' by Compactlab Makes the Old New Again
1. Limited Edition Turntables - Opportunity for luxury audio brands to create exclusive, high-priced turntables for audiophiles.
2. Sound and Visual Design - Potential for integrating sound and visual elements in product designs for a more immersive user experience.
3. Multi-sensorial Environments - Opportunity to develop interactive environments that engage multiple senses and create unique experiences.
1. Audio Equipment - Luxury audio brands can capitalize on the trend by designing and producing limited edition turntables.
2. Product Design - Integrating sound and visual design elements can enhance the appeal of various products, from electronics to home decor.
3. Entertainment - Creating multi-sensorial environments can be beneficial for industries like theme parks, museums, and interactive entertainment venues.