Social initiatives aren't immune to branding, nor should they be, which is why the Community Film Unit's acquisition of the Social Enterprise Mark is a positive step that clients and others will recognize as a mark of integrity, inspiration and interaction -- three terms employed by the Social Enterprise Mark itself.
The Community Film Unit uses the language of the youth -- music, film, web design, graphic design and photography -- to make an impact. By telling compelling stories, the team is able to empower local communities and document the transformations that take place within them. Profits from the film, design and photography services are reinvested into initiatives that further benefit the community.
Based in Staines, the Community Film Unit works across England to create promotional films and photography, as well as design including web and printed media. The scope of work ranges from creating a new concept and design to delivering content based on existing branding. The unit has worked with clients including Surrey Youth Games, the Surbiton Hockey Club, EmployAbility, the Tora-Kai Judo Club and the Surrey County Council.
The Community Film Unit is a service that creates important messaging for local communities. Often, many community groups and social enterprises have a captivating story but that doesn't mean that they don't need help to create a narrative for the brand as a whole. The Community Film Unit, then, fills that gap and creates a unique value and responds to a growing need in this emerging community.
Community Film Unit Website
Telephone: 01784 469 751
The Community Film Unit is a Youth-Focused Social Enterprise
1. Youth-focused Social Enterprises - There is a trend towards creating social initiatives that utilize the skills and perspectives of young people, to address community needs and opportunities.
2. Community Branding - Branding is increasingly important for community groups and social enterprises, who need help crafting effective narratives and messaging that connect with audiences.
3. Impact-driven Design and Multimedia - Design and multimedia services that focus on creating positive change and social impact are gaining popularity, as more organizations seek to authentically engage stakeholders and clients.
1. Social Enterprise - As the Community Film Unit's acquisition of the Social Enterprise Mark signals, this is a growing field of business that emphasizes social impact and environmental sustainability, alongside financial performance.
2. Youth-led Media - Creating media that is produced and managed by young people is a field that offers opportunities for new voices and perspectives to emerge, as well as innovative approaches to storytelling and design.
3. Community and Nonprofit Marketing - Providing marketing and communications services for community groups and nonprofit organizations is a field that responds to a growing need for effective messaging and engagement, particularly in the digital and multimedia space.