The Colsubsidio Book Exchange 2013 ad campaign employs the use of fantastical paper dioramas to portray scenes from classic fairy tales including 'Peter Pan,' 'Alice in Wonderland' and 'Rapunzel.' A more detailed continuation from the similar silhouette series created last year, the images will inspire creativity and imagination. Not to mention an exchange of books.
Conceived and executed by Lowe/SSP3, an ad agency based in Bogota, Colombia, the Colsubsidio Book Exchange 2013 ad campaign was art directed by Andres Lancheros, Guillermo Siachoque and Sebastian Pelaez with creative direction by Gustavo Marioni, Carlos Camacho and Jaime Duque. The tag line reads, “Come with a story and leave with another,” which was written by Mario Lagos.
The Colsubsidio Book Exchange 2013 Campaign is Inspired by Fairy Tales
1. Fantasy Paper Dioramas - There is a growing trend in the advertising industry for the use of paper dioramas in ad campaigns as they provide a captivating and immersive experience.
2. Storytelling Advertising - More companies are using storytelling in their advertising campaigns as consumers respond positively to narratives that evoke emotions, entertain and engage.
3. Book Exchange Programs - With the rise of sustainability concerns and the popularity of eco-friendly living, book exchange programs are a disruptive innovation opportunity for libraries, schools, and community centers as they encourage the reuse and recycling of books while also promoting literacy.
1. Ad Agency - Ad agencies that specialize in creating immersive advertising campaigns using paper dioramas have a great opportunity to differentiate themselves in the industry.
2. Publishing - Publishing companies that partner with book exchange programs can increase their market share and decrease the environmental impact of book production and waste.
3. Education - Educational institutions can implement book exchange programs to promote literacy and sustainability, and also foster a sense of community and sharing among students and teachers.