Natural materials like wood and stone have the ability to stand the test of time and to spark interest in the dolomite-based material used in its Collection 01, New Volumes is bringing a classic material to life with augmented reality.
New Volumes collaborated with eight Australian designers for its Collection 01, which shows off the beauty of Elba, a sought-after stone that formed millions of years ago and is excavated from a single Grecian quarry in limited quantities today. Thanks to the way that the collection is presented, the furniture designs seem more like 3D-printed objects than sculpted pieces of stone that began to be formed millions of years ago. The 12-piece Collection 01 includes everything from tables and lamps to small mortar and pestle sets.
New Volumes is Presenting Its Collection 01 in Augmented Reality
1. Augmented Reality Furniture - Opportunity for using augmented reality to showcase furniture designs and enhance the shopping experience.
2. Natural Material Revival - Reviving interest in natural materials by combining them with innovative technologies like augmented reality.
3. Limited Edition Collections - Creating limited edition furniture collections that highlight unique and rare materials.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Incorporation of augmented reality and unique materials to design and produce innovative furniture pieces.
2. Interior Design - Using augmented reality to visualize and showcase different furniture pieces within interior design projects.
3. Technology and Retail - Opportunity for tech retail companies to integrate augmented reality experiences into their product offerings.