The Colgate Plax campaign cleverly applies the classic charades guessing game to the occurrence of bad breath. As in the game, the person with bad breath has a piece of paper stuck to his forehead. The print ad reads, "When you have bad breath, everyone knows. Everyone but you." Fortunately for the guys in the Colgate Plax campaign, if they are bad at the game, at least they can pick up this mouth wash to prevent playing it altogether.
Conceived and executed by the Young and Rubicam ad agency branch based in São Paulo, Brazil, the Colgate Plax campaign was art directed by Eiji Kozaka with creative direction by Rui Branquinho and Flavio Casarotti. A playful campaign, it will make people wonder what they don't know.
The Colgate Plax Campaign Focuses on Bad Breath Cluelessness
1. Gamified Advertising - Opportunity to incorporate interactive games into advertising campaigns to engage and entertain consumers.
2. Personal Hygiene Awareness - Potential to raise awareness about personal hygiene issues, such as bad breath, through creative and relatable advertisements.
3. Humorous Marketing Tactics - Potential to use humor as a strategic approach in advertising to create a memorable and positive brand image.
1. Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity to revolutionize traditional advertising techniques by incorporating gamification, personal hygiene awareness, and humor in campaigns.
2. Personal Care Products - Opportunity to differentiate personal care products by leveraging humorous and relatable advertising campaigns that highlight hygiene issues and solutions.
3. Creative Agencies - Opportunity for creative agencies to develop innovative and engaging advertising strategies that incorporate interactive games, raise hygiene awareness, and utilize humor.