Intended to create a social outlet for those who find themselves enthralled by the likes of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, the Fangirls Fan Club for Teens is a new initiative started by Noelle Kozak.
Meeting on the third Thursday of every month at the Pittston Memorial Library, the Fangirls Fan Club for Teens gives young girls and boys an outlet to talk about their favorite media. Projects have included cutting out portions from discarded books to create fashion accessories and even creating stories using content members found on Tumblr.
As young consumers find themselves spending more time online than ever, the Fangirls Fan Club for Teens is an example of a social gathering to help encourage healthy pastimes.
The Fangirls Fan Club for Teens Includes Making Art and Socializing
1. Fangirls Fan Club - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating similar fan clubs for different media genres, such as Fanboy Film Club for superhero enthusiasts.
2. Youth Online Engagement - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing online platforms that facilitate creative interactions and collaborations among young fans.
3. Upcycled Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Launching eco-friendly fashion brands that repurpose discarded books and materials for stylish accessories.
1. Social Club - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Establishing specialized social clubs that cater to niche interests and foster community engagement.
2. Online Platforms - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Building interactive online platforms that provide a safe space for young fans to connect and showcase their creative projects.
3. Eco-friendly Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating sustainable fashion brands that emphasize upcycling and repurposing materials for unique, fashion-forward accessories.