The green 7Up bottles are being phased out by the brand in the UK and replaced with clear plastic bottles to help highlight enhanced recycling capabilities. The bottles will be made with 100% recycled plastic and, thanks to its clear formulation, will be even more suited for recycling for consumers to perform after the drink. The drink will also feature a prominent logo that makes its 100% recyclable construction known to shoppers, which is further supported by the statement: "Clearly 100% Recyclable. Clearly 7Up."
Commercial Sustainability Director at Britvic Tom Fiennes spoke on the new 7Up clear plastic bottles saying, "As the UK’s number one lemon and lime drink, we wanted to take a step towards ensuring further transparency with our consumers – both in our actual bottle designs and by clearly highlighting the recyclability messaging. We know that consumers want more information on recycling, showing how important it is to offer strong and simple communication on pack. As our greenest 7Up bottle yet, the move should increase the likelihood that people will recycle the bottle effectively, and the updated design also brings the sustainability messaging front and centre, so consumers are confident in their recycling decisions.”
7Up is Rolling Out Clear Plastic Bottles That are 100% Recycled
1. Enhanced Packaging Sustainability - Brands will increasingly incorporate recycled materials and environmental messaging into their packaging designs.
2. Clear Plastic Packaging - Clear plastic bottles, shown to be more recyclable, will become more common in the beverage industry.
3. Transparency Through Packaging Design - Consumers will demand clearer communication on packaging about a product's sustainability, leading to more transparent designs.
1. Beverage Manufacturing - Manufacturers will explore sustainable alternatives for packaging, such as those made from 100% recycled materials.
2. Packaging Design - Design firms will prioritize clear messaging and transparent designs to communicate a product's sustainability and recycling capabilities.
3. Recycling Technology - Innovations in recycling technology will enable more efficient and environmentally-friendly processing of post-consumer plastic waste.