In an effort to make its chocolate better for humans and for the planet, Purdys Chocolatier has launched a new confection called the 'Clean Water Project Bar.' Available in a delicious milk chocolate and salted butter toffee flavor, the new candy bars provide consumers with more delicious options when it comes to choosing sustainable treats.
The Clean Water Project Bar was created as part of a partnership between Purdys and the Swiss-based Cocoa Horizons Foundation. As part of the partnership, $2 from the sale of each bar will be used to provide greater access to safe drinking water in Ivory Coast cocoa communities. Funds will also be used to support water hygiene training in these communities and the purchase of 35 water filtration systems.
In addition to helping improve access to safe drinking water, the Clean Water Project Bar is also made with 100 percent sustainable cocoa, making it an eco-friendly option for conscious consumers.
Purdys' 'Clean Water Project Bar' Supports Cocoa Communities
1. Sustainable Confections - Creating delicious and ecologically-friendly treats could tap into growing consumer demand for sustainable options.
2. Social Responsibility Partnerships - Partnering with non-profit organizations to support social or environmental causes can increase consumer loyalty and create positive social impact.
3. Clean Water Initiatives - Developing products that support access to clean drinking water in developing communities could potentially be a unique selling point and create positive impact.
1. Food & Beverage - The food and beverage industry can benefit from exploring new and sustainable ingredients and partnering with organizations that support social and environmental causes.
2. Non-profit - Non-profit organizations working towards improving access to clean water could explore unique and creative ways to collaborate with businesses to drive funding and increase impact.
3. Consumer Goods - Consumer goods companies can win over conscious consumers by creating and marketing products that prioritize sustainability and social impact in their production and supply chain.