The United Arab Emirates has been producing some very creative ads recently and seems to be claiming a spot in the competitive world of advertising. These new City of Hope ads by TBWA\RAAD Abu Dhabi ad agency are a good example. City of Hope assists women facing domestic violence, a social concern worldwide. The print and video ads urge abused women to seek help and contact them before it's too late.
Each print ad shows both a gift and an injury that the victim received from her loved one. A wedding ring, "He gave me this when he proposed" and a broken finger "He gave me this for nothing at all." An anklet "He gave me this for my birthday" and a twisted/broken foot "He gave me this for nothing at all." A bracelet "He gave me this on our anniversary" and a needle stuck in her arm, "He gave me this for nothing at all." Each ad has the message "There's no excuse for domestic violence. Talk to someone who cares."
Creative direction by Martin Lever and illustrations by Sherif Galal.
City of Hope
1. Creative Advertising - There is a trend of producing creative and impactful advertisements that address social concerns, such as domestic violence.
2. Awareness Campaigns - There is a trend of using print and video ads to raise awareness about important issues, like domestic violence and the need for support.
3. Empowering Women - There is a trend of creating ads that empower women to seek help and support in situations of domestic violence.
1. Advertising - The advertising industry has the opportunity to develop more impactful and creative campaigns that address social concerns, like domestic violence.
2. Social Services - The social services industry has the opportunity to improve support systems and outreach programs for women facing domestic violence.
3. Illustration - The illustration industry has the opportunity to collaborate with advertisers and advocacy groups to visually communicate powerful messages about important social issues, such as domestic violence.