Paris-based design studio HAOs reached out to local craftsmen to create a collection of circular lamps. The company was founded by Sophie Gelinet and Cédric Gepne, who debuted the circular lamps at the Masion&Objet furniture fair earlier this month. The series of seven lamps are comprised of ceramic cylinders that are made up of brass and glass. They come in the color selection of either cognac, brick, white or black.
For further variety, consumers can choose a table lamp in five different sized stands -- the small ones have a circular stand, and larger choice has a double tiered totemic stand. The floor lamps are available in one size only, with a black stand and two glass lights. The pendant lamps are made in four varying sizes -- depending on the ceramic thickness. Fine detail and lots of attention are put into each product, as every lamp goes through a 10-step process by the talented craftsmen. The ceramic circular bases are crafted by hand-thrown clay, going through a dry-and-fire process several times.
HAOs Collaboratively Designed a Series of Lamps with Locals
1. Collaborative Design - Creating designer products in collaboration with local craftsmen or artists to add a unique local touch offers a disruptive innovation opportunity to the design industry.
2. Multi-material Design - Designing products made with multiple materials like brass and glass to create unique products offers a disruptive innovation opportunity to the lighting industry.
3. Handcrafted Products - Creating products through a 10-step, detail-oriented process by skilled craftsmen provides disruptive innovation opportunities to the artisinal industry.
1. Design - Collaborating with local craftsmen to create unique designs with localized touches provides a disruptive innovation opportunity.
2. Lighting - Creating multi-material lamps made from unique materials like brass and glass can provide a disruptive innovation opportunity to the lighting industry.
3. Artisinal - Creating handcrafted products through a careful and detail-oriented process provides a disruptive innovation opportunity to the artisinal industry.