Chris Newman, who also illustrates under the pseudonym Viviphyd, is among my favorite concept artists of modern times. The man can do astounding things with a pen tablet that most people with vivid imaginations cannot even conceive. It makes for a visual experience that's innovative, awe-inspiring and, to be quite honest, rather intimidating to up-and-coming artists.
The first thing that strikes viewers' eyes in these Chris Newman illustrations is its eclectic use of color. Daringly pairing together color combinations that others would deem risky, Newman somehow makes it work -- and work wonderfully well, at that. It gives his creations a futuristic vibe even when he's illustrating characters decked out in medieval gear.
What impresses me most about Chris Newman though is his ability to render these amazing images quickly and economically. Every brushstroke has a purpose and what may be a squiggle on its own is a necessary detail in Newman's pieces.
Chris Newman is a Master of Illustrating Eclectic Concept Art
1. Eclectic Color Combinations - Exploring unusual and daring color pairings presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the fields of interior design, fashion, and graphic design.
2. Futuristic Character Illustrations - Creating character illustrations that blend futuristic elements with traditional themes opens up disruptive innovation opportunities in the entertainment, gaming, and advertising industries.
3. Quick and Economical Rendering Techniques - Developing efficient and time-saving rendering techniques can revolutionize innovation in the fields of animation, architectural visualization, and product design.
1. Interior Design - Incorporating bold and unconventional color combinations in interior design can disrupt the industry and offer unique visual experiences for customers.
2. Fashion - Experimenting with eclectic color combinations in fashion designs can lead to disruptive innovation and set new trends in the industry.
3. Graphic Design - Exploring vibrant and unconventional color palettes in graphic design can create disruptive visual identities and attract attention in saturated markets.